Retail Sales Assistant
Retail Sales Assistant – 10 Corso Como
Over the past six years, The Howard Hughes Corporation has diligently worked to revitalize the South Street Seaport District. The newly renovated Seaport District will be world renowned for events, entertainment and retail. After completion, the Seaport District will encompass seven buildings on several city blocks totaling more than 400,000 square feet filled with cutting-edge dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural offerings that will be one of the city’s ultimate destinations.
As part of the redevelopment effort, Milan-based 10 Corso Como will be opening in the Seaport District as part of the districts ongoing transformation. The New York store will be 10 Corso Como’s only U.S. location and is consistent with other offerings curated to date by The Howard Hughes Corporation for the revitalized Seaport District that will include culinary experiences from renowned restaurateurs Jean-Georges Vongerichten and the Momofuku Group led by David Chang, a 40,000 square foot food market by Jean-Georges, iPic Theaters and the new Pier 17® highlighted by its 1.5-acre rooftop that will be programmed year-round and become one of the world’s most recognized entertainment destinations.
10 Corso Como New York is a lifestyle destination that offers men’s & women’s fashion, beauty, books, objects and design. We are looking for a Sales Assistant that is responsible for managing the cash desk, as well as delivering best in class client service, achieving individual sales goals, along with understanding store operating processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all POS (point of sale) transactions during peak hours.
- Follow all cash desk policies and procedures, including proper cash handling, along with credit card and customer privacy compliance.
- Accurately process charge-send sales per company guidelines.
- Maintain and replenish cask desk supplies and packaging.
- Carry out daily opening and closing procedures as needed.
- Maintain client database.
- Achieve and exceed individual Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Maintain a strong drive for results and a positive, team first attitude.
- Work as a team player and partner with fellow colleagues, foster open and constructive communication, to ensure a consistent exceptional experience and contribute to a positive working environment
- Support and assist sales team in all areas.
- Support floor moves, merchandising, visual merchandising, shipment, and housekeeping as needed
- Responsible for individual stock assignments, including organizing floor stock and back stock.
- Participate in all inventory and cycle counts and protect the assets of the store through understanding and complying with operating procedures.
- Maintain security standards within the store to ensure safety of customers, colleagues and merchandise.
- Attend product knowledge training and store meetings.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1-2 years’ experience in retail luxury or high end contemporary.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Excellent customer service skills
Candidate should be team-focused with a desire to collaborate effectively.
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which includes, evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.